Friday 10 January 2014

Dear Henry notes for commentary

I originally begun to 'freefall write' as I had no idea what I was going to write about, I soon realised that my writing had turned into a typical coming of age teenage love story. Although these are my favourite stories (especially by John Green who's influence I have taken whilst writing this piece) I did not want it to turn out that way so I added a twist by taking inspiration from Romeo and Juliet the classic play by Shakespeare. I hoped to portray the story in a more modern way.

I aimed to show character throughout, I thought this would work well through letter form.

I wanted to use a lot of varied sentence structure to create emotion and pace that reflects the feelings of juliet as she would be writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment